Listen & Download
After delegating significant power to the administrative state, is Congress properly discharging its oversight role? Are there tools available to Congress that are underutilized? Would a proper annual budget process help? Are Congress’ oversight hearings meaningful, well-run, and properly focused? Should Congress be requesting more information from agencies through other avenues?
This panel was presented on June 18, 2015, at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC during the Third Annual Executive Branch Review Conference.
Plenary Panel: Congressional Oversight
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Prof. Jonathan H. Adler, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Mr. Michael D. Bopp, Gibson Dunn and Crutcher
- Prof. Sally Katzen, New York University School of Law
- Mr. Adam J. White, Boyden Gray & Associates
- Moderator: Hon. Todd F. Gaziano, Pacific Legal Foundation
June 18, 2015