October 4th will mark the first day of oral arguments for the 2016 Supreme Court term. The Court's docket already includes major cases involving insider trading, the Fourth Amendment, the Sixth Amendment, the Eighth Amendment, criminal law, IP and patent law, the Free Exercise and Equal Protection Clauses, the Fair Housing Act, and voting rights.
The full list of cases granted thus far for the upcoming term can be viewed on SCOTUSblog here. The panelists will also discuss the current composition and the future of the Court.
This event was held on September 27, 2016, at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
- Mr. Thomas C. Goldstein, Goldstein & Russell PC
- Prof. Nicholas Quinn Rosenkranz, Georgetown Law Center
- Ms. Carrie Severino, Judicial Crisis Network
- Hon. George J. Terwilliger, McGuireWoods LLP
- Moderator: Mr. Robert Barnes, The Washington Post
National Press Club