Listen & Download
Being in Silicon Valley, Stanford is known for its strong focus on intellectual property law and technology more broadly. This panel seeks to ask: what is the relationship between technology and the administrative state? Does technological progress require regulatory guidance? This panel will also consider to what degree development in technology in recent years has been slower than anticipated and whether the administrative state has been an asset or a hindrance to the effective utilization of technology.
Panel 4: Technology and Regulation
3:45 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
- Prof. Richard Epstein, New York University School of Law
- Prof. Anthony Falzone, Stanford Center for Internet and Society
- Prof. Mark Lemley, Stanford Law School
- Mr. Peter Thiel, President, Clarium Capital
- Hon. Ted Ullyot, General Counsel, Facebook
- Moderator: Dean Larry Kramer, Stanford Law School
- Introduction: Mr. Ilan Wurman, Co-Chair, 2012 Annual Student Symposium
Stanford Law School