Senator Lankford of Oklahoma served four years in the U.S. House of Representatives and was elected to the U.S. Senate to complete an unexpired term on November 4, 2014 and re-elected to a full six-year senate term on November 8, 2016.
As chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management, Lankford fights unnecessary and burdensome regulation and advocates for a more restrained federal government.
Personal faith, local decision-making, and opportunity for every person, regardless of their background, are core values for Senator Lankford. Before his time in Congress, from 1995 to 2009, James served as Director of Student Ministry at the Baptist Convention of Oklahoma and Director of the Falls Creek Youth Camp, the largest youth camp in the United States, with more than 51,000 individuals attending each summer.
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Subcommittee on Department Homeland Security
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Article I InitiativeCapitol Visitor Center - Atrium and Auditorium
Washington, DC 20515
Article I Initiative • Constitution • Separation of Powers