- University of Florida: Joined UF Law as Dean (July 2003)
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law: Floyd R. Gibson Missouri Endowed Professor of Law (1998-2003), Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award (2001)
- Previous Academic Experience: University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, Herbert Herff Chair of Excellence in Law (1994 98); University of Kansas School of Law, Dean (1989-94), Professor (1985-94), Associate Professor (1981-85), Chancellor’s Award for University Service
- Private Practice: Barnes Hickam Pantzer & Boyd, Indianapolis, Ind. (1978-81). Law Clerk, U.S. Circuit Judge George E. MacKinnon for U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit (1977-78).
- Organizations (representative): American Law Institute; Adviser, ALI Principles of the Law of Liability Insurance, 2010-present; American Bar Foundation, Fellow; Bar of the Supreme Court of Indiana; American Bar Association; Association of American Law Schools, Chair, Section on Insurance Law, 1993; Reporter, Insurable Interest Drafting Committee, Uniform Trust Code, Uniform Laws Commission, 2008-11; Florida Supreme Court Professionalism Commission, 2003-present; Florida Supreme Court Board of Bar Examiners Testing Commission, 2008-09
- J.D., University of Michigan (cum laude)
- B.S., Indiana State University (magna cum laude)
Security vs. Freedom: Contemporary ControversiesUniversity of Florida Levin College of Law
309 Village Dr
Gainesville, FL 32611
2014 Annual Student Symposium
This roundtable will address a wide range of issues and potential solutions to the challenges...