Assistant Director, Practice Groups
DESCRIPTION: The Federalist Society seeks an Assistant Director to aid the efforts of its 15 Practice Groups. The Federalist Society is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks both to promote an awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.
- Manage the administration and individual programming priorities of several of the Federalist Society’s fifteen Practice Groups, through monthly Executive Committee conference calls and other communication with volunteers, including practitioners and notable academics
- Develop panels and secure speakers for the Federalist Society’s annual National Lawyers Convention, Executive Branch Review Conference, and other major events
- Organize a variety of other programming, including over 130 “Teleforum” conference call briefings and podcasts on breaking legal issues and Supreme Court litigation each year, as well as in-person events at the National Press Club, on Capitol Hill, and at major law firms in Washington, D.C.
- Obtain CLE accreditation for Federalist Society programs, collect and organize records of attendance, and report attendance to state bars
- Communicate with Federalist Society members through email software and basic web-management
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- One to three years of experience is required
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational ability
- Familiarity with legal policy preferred
- Advanced writing capability
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills
If you are interested, please submit an application including a resume and cover letter.
Application Link: http://forms.fed-soc.org/form-876605/Job-Application-Form