Deputy Director, Practice Groups
DESCRIPTION: The Federalist Society seeks a Deputy Director to coordinate the efforts of its Lawyers Division’s 15 Practice Groups. This organization is founded on the principles that the state exists to preserve freedom, that the separation of governmental powers is central to our Constitution, and that it is emphatically the province and duty of the judiciary to say what the law is, not what it should be. The Society seeks both to promote an awareness of these principles and to further their application through its activities.
- Coordinate the efforts of all of the Federalist Society’s fifteen Practice Groups in responding to current events and addressing cross-cutting issues of institutional importance
- Manage the administration and individual programming priorities of six of the Federalist Society’s fifteen Practice Groups, primarily through monthly Executive Committee conference calls with volunteers including notable academics and practitioners
- Maintain the health of all Practice Group Executive Committees by assisting the Director of Practice Groups in ongoing efforts to identify and recruit top legal talent to the ranks of Practice Group volunteers
- Develop panels and secure speakers for the Federalist Society’s annual National Lawyers Convention and Executive Branch Review Conference
- Organize a variety of other programming, including over 130 “Teleforum” conference call briefings and podcasts on breaking legal issues and Supreme Court litigation each year, as well as in-person events at the National Press Club, on Capitol Hill, and at major law firms in Washington, D.C.
- Write grant proposals for new thematic programming initiatives, as well as donor relations letters summarizing ongoing Practice Groups efforts in relevant issue areas
- Prepare comprehensive reports on the success of the Practice Groups for the Federalist Society’s Board of Directors and Board of Visitors
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Two to five years of experience is required
- Candidates must possess excellent organizational ability
- Familiarity with legal policy required
- Sophisticated research and writing capability
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management skills
If you are interested, please submit an application including a resume and cover letter.
Application Link: http://forms.fed-soc.org/form-876605/Job-Application-Form