Support Funds for Presentation of Junior Scholarship
Support Funds are intended to defray travel costs for junior scholars (defined as law faculty who have been in tenure-track positions no more than seven years, or certain other categories of aspiring academics, see below) to help enable them to present their work at workshops or conferences outside their home institution.
- Statement by applicant verifying junior faculty status (in tenure-track law school position no more than seven years, OR academic fellow, visiting assistant professor, or doctoral candidate pursuing a career in legal academia).
- Conference/workshop name, date, and location of presentation;
- Abstract of work to be presented (submitting a copy of the work is optional);
- Explanation of how presenting the work at this conference/workshop will help enhance the applicant's academic career.
- A proposed budget detailing expenses to be covered by the funds requested .
- Note: State the amount requested and what particular expenses it is intended to cover, and identify the amount and type of any other funds or institutional support being offered to you for this trip. Absent extraordinary circumstances, the maximum award will generally be $750. Funds will be disbursed via reimbursement upon presentation of receipts and will be limited to the lesser of the total receipts presented or the award amount.
Applications for funds in keeping with the requirements listed above should be submitted through the online form here and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. All applications should be received at least four weeks in advance of the proposed activity, and applicants should also receive a response to their request within four weeks time. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
: : :